Our handling of your personal information is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
We collect and hold information that relates to the personal identification details of Users. We may collect this personal information from Users in a variety of ways. These generally include when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address and/or phone number. We will collect personal information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. The legal basis for processing the personal information is consent from the Users. Users can always refuse to supply personal information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We also collect various information which does not personally identify Users and is not personal information for the purposes of the Privacy Act. Users may visit our Site anonymously. We may collect non-personally identifying information about Users whenever they interact with our Site to gather data with regard to the performance and usage of the website. Non-personally identifying information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users' means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
MIRRAT may collect and use Users' personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site we may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To provide a requested service we may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature and Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails we may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to a User's order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us via our Site.
We will not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfil the purposes for which the information is being provided.
How we hold your personal information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
While the internet is an inherently insecure medium, we take reasonable steps to promote the secure transmission of information. Personal data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing your personal information
Personal information gathered maybe be sent overseas to the following locations. Norway, United Kingdom, Singapore or the United States of America
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Right to access and correct personal data users have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about them and to request the correction of that personal information. Such requests should be made to the following:
Jed Smith Head of Commercial
46 Kooringa Way, Port Melbourne
MIRRAT shall at the request of a User delete or rectify any record of inaccurate or incomplete personal information it holds relating to that User. Also, any User who has registered and has a User profile can at any time delete the profile or amend the submitted information at any time.
We take the handling of Users' personal information seriously and welcome all feedback in relation to privacy issues. We investigate and consider all complaints carefully. If you wish to make a complaint, you may contact us as follows:
Jed Smith Head of Commercial
46 Kooringa Way, Port Melbourne
We attend to all complaints promptly. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or our response to it, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Routines regarding deletion of personal data
We retain the Users' personal information for no longer than such period as is necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. When Users' personal information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or required to be retained under applicable law, such personal information shall be erased or de-identified so that it is no longer personally identifying information.
Melbourne International RoRo & Auto Terminal Pty Ltd
46 Kooringa Way
Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207